Orange County Discrimination Lawyers
Have you been discriminated against at work? Whether the discrimination led to your wrongful termination, demotion, retaliation, harassment or other unfair treatment, you have rights.
The employment law attorneys at California Employment Counsel, APC, can help you understand your rights and represent you in this legal matter. We represent victims of workplace discrimination throughout Orange County and across Southern California.
Have You Faced Discrimination At Work in California?
California and federal laws prohibit discrimination against employees based on:
- Disability/medical condition: Employees are protected from discrimination based on disability and medical conditions, as well as retaliation for taking medical leave.
- Age: Employers cannot consider age as a factor when making decisions regarding hiring, firing, promotion, demotion and other employment practices.
- Religion: We protect the rights of those who have been discriminated against or denied reasonable accommodations due to their religion.
- Gender: Employment statutes protect both men and women from discrimination based on gender.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy status is a protected class, meaning employers may not discriminate against or harass women due to their pregnancy, intention to get pregnant or taking leave for pregnancy or baby bonding.
- Race: If you have faced race discrimination or harassment at work, our lawyers can help you explore your legal options.
- National origin: Employers cannot discriminate against employees based on their national origin or their association with anyone of a given national origin.
- Sexual orientation: In California, employers may not discriminate against employees due to their sexual orientation or sexual preference, actual or perceived. We provide strong representation of LGBT clients who have faced sexual orientation discrimination at work.
- Military service: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA) protects military service members and veterans from discrimination based on military service. Returning veterans have the right to re-employment with the reinstatement of benefits.
- It may seem daunting to come forward with a discrimination claim against your employer. Remember, employment laws protect you from retaliation by your employer for making discrimination claims. Our lawyers can help you explore your rights and options before you make any important decisions.
Free Initial Consultation · No Recovery, No Attorney Fee For Employee Cases
If you face workplace discrimination in California, our lawyers are here to protect your rights. Contact us today online or by telephone at (714) 462-8376 or toll free at 866-545-2415 to arrange a consultation with an experienced Orange County discrimination attorney.