Many people contact our office after losing their jobs in unfair circumstances, and rightfully so. It is a very stressful thing to lose your income and see your career suffer. It is important to seek legal advice if you believe your rights have been violated.
The attorneys of California Employment Counsel, APC, can help you understand if your termination qualifies as wrongful.
The subject of wrongful termination is confusing to many people for a few reasons:
- A manager or boss can be unprofessional or malicious in firing an employee, without breaking the law. It is not always illegal to behave unethically or in an inconsiderate manner.
- In many situations, a company can terminate an employee without a good reason — or for no reason — without breaking the law.
- Hearsay, news stories and social media posts are not trustworthy sources of information about employment law issues.
We help our clients answer important questions like:
- What if I was fired because of my age?
- I believe I was retaliated against for reporting or complaining about violations. What can I do?
- What’s the best thing that could happen if I sue my employer?
- Will I be able to get my job back?
- What are my chances of winning the case?
- What if I was terminated by a boss who sexually harassed me?
- What if I was forced to quit or resign my position?
These questions can cause you to live in misery, unsure of what to do or where to turn. You need the help of an experienced employment law attorney, who can answer them and give you a definitive course of action.
California Employment Counsel, APC, is based in Orange County, but our team represents clients throughout the state. Send us an email through our online form if you would like to arrange your free consultation, or call us at (714) 462-8376.