Being sexually harassed is one of the worst experiences a person can endure in or out of the workplace. Sexual harassment can include:
- Unwelcome physical contact or touching in the workplace
- Sexual advances, offers or requests from anyone at work
- A co-worker or manager displaying or sending sexually explicit pictures via electronic means
- Dirty or suggestive text messages, social media posts (on Facebook, Twitter or other media) or emails from a boss or colleague
- Inappropriate comments directed at you by a manager or co-worker
These types of behavior are against state and federal law. You do not have to put up with them.
If you have been harassed at work, the best thing to do is consult a sexual harassment attorney with experience in the area of sexual harassment. At California Employment Counsel, APC, we have extensive experience with harassment cases. In developing a strategy to resolve the problem, we can help you address the following issues:
- Was there physical contact with the person who harassed you?
- Do you have pictures, emails or text messages that can be used as evidence?
- Were there witnesses to the harassment?
- Were inappropriate comments “severe and pervasive,” as stated by law?
- Did your manager or employer retaliate against you for reporting or complaining about sexual harassment (or any other form of harassment)?
Contact us to learn more about what actions to take after being sexually harassed. We offer a free, confidential consultation.