Wrongful Termination: When Your Age And Medical Condition Are Used Against You
A health problem can be difficult enough to manage. Being fired because of your condition is an insult that you should discuss with a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible. You may have grounds for a wrongful termination case.
California law prohibits your employer from illegally discriminating against you because of your age or your health condition. Make sure you understand how the law applies to your circumstances, especially if you believe both factors were used against you regarding the loss of your job.
We Can Explain Your Options And Fight For Your Rights
If you were fired, terminated or laid off by your company for being sick or injured — or simply for being a certain age — the attorneys of California Employment Counsel, APC, can help. As your law firm, we will explain your options and develop a plan tailored to your needs. We can fight for your rights if:
- Your company forced you to quit your job or retire before you wanted to.
- You were terminated after returning from medical leave or while you were being treated for a serious condition like cancer.
- You have a disability protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Your employer failed to accommodate your disability.
- You were terminated under false pretenses regarding your job performance.
Contact Our Firm For Honest, Practical Advice | Free, Confidential Consultation
Every case has strengths and weaknesses. We can explain what the law says about your case. Contact California Employment Counsel, APC, in Orange County, for a free, confidential consultation regarding wrongful termination and medical discrimination in the workplace.