or termination of employment because they are gay, lesbian or transgender. We will pursue money damages, reinstatement or other remedies for holding those employers to justice.
Free Initial Consultation · No Recovery, No Attorney Fee
Experienced Advocates For LGBT Workers in California
Under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), employers may not discriminate against employees on the basis of their sexual orientation or sexual preference, actual or perceived. Despite strong and clear laws, we are regularly called upon to represent clients who have experienced sexual orientation discrimination in employment:
- Discrimination in hiring (gay or believed to be gay)
- Derogatory comments by a supervisor
- Harassment or bullying by co-workers
- Passed up for advancement
- Denial of benefits to a partner
- Denial of family leave to care for a partner
- Termination for sexual orientation
- Retaliation for complaining about discrimination
LGBT discrimination may range from blatant and egregious anti-gay behavior to subtle biases or tactics such as negative job reviews. In building a case, we help clients document a pattern of discrimination and the employer’s response. We will guide you through every step of the legal process.
Sexual Orientation Or Sexual Identity Discrimination?
Our Orange County sexual orientation discrimination lawyers handle cases throughout Southern California. To tell us your story, contact us online or call (714) 462-8376 or toll free at 866-545-2415 to arrange a free consultation.
Se habla español.